Friday, October 15, 2010

"My Kids" centerpiece





I started this yesterday and finished today. It was pretty simple, it just took a little bit of TLC time! I purchased the hay bale, the ribbon and the scarecrows at Michaels, on sale. The names of the scarecrows (my kids) I created with my cricut and SCAL using the font Arizona. I asked my son to go outside and find me sticks to use as dowels to hold the names and it looked awesome! It really adding a little something special, since these sticks are from the tree my husband planted when he was 13 years old. I created the pumpkins from my cricut using the Mini Monsters cartridge. I inked the edges of the shapes and then added glitter glue to the leaves to give it a little bit of sparkle. I used my daughters black pastel to create little lines in the pumpkins to give them a bit of detail. Overall, this project cost me under $20 and it was fun to make!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment