Friday, February 11, 2011

Gratitude



This is a little off-topic but it is worth it. I have never had an large interest in making cards until I read this book. Now, not only do I have I been shown how to express my gratitude to others and how important it is to do so but I have the opportunity to give others a little piece of my art.

I heard about 365 Thank Yous by John Kralik from a friend. I was looking for a new book to read. I had already read all of the Percy Jackson novels, Fabelhaven novels and Septimus Heap novels (which are all fantastic, by the way!).

This book has so much meaning and is an excellent example on how a little act of gratitude can change your life. While I am not a divorced, middle-aged man at the lowest point in my life, I can still relate to him and his desire to be better and life a better life. I am a huge believer in The Secret and the power of positive thinking but this book has show me another way to bring happiness to someone else' life and to my own.

I have always known it was important to be grateful for what I have and to be polite and say "Thank You". This book has shown me that by taking that simple act of gratitude and expressing it in an old-fashioned Thank You note, you can bring unexpected joy and happiness into someones else's life and that, in turn, can improve someone's day. The Pay-it-forward effect begins.

I have already begun to see the effects, not as life changing as John Kralik's, but positive to say the least. I started to become aware of people in my everyday life and see the small light that appears when I hand them a card. Their day seems to be alittle bit better and they seem to forget about the hard problems in their life, if only for a short time. That is worth it to me and I will keep writing the notes and I will keep making the cards, probably not the 365 project in the book, but enough to make a difference.

I am so thankful for this book, it has changed my life and it will help change others. I hope you are able to read this book and experience the effects in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment