Thursday, March 31, 2011

Altered Canvas Art



I made this out of 16x20 canvas, acrylic craft paint, scrapbook paper, photos from an internet search of grapes, a quote I found on the internet, chaulk ink, Mod Podge rhinestones, ribbon, artifical grapes and leaves.



I layered the ribbon with the sheer on the bottom and the solid on the front. The scrapbook paper in the background is 12x12. I put MOD PODGE on the back of it and glued it on. The grape bunch was sewn on the canvas with invisible stretch magic thread.



I tore the sides of the images and the quote and then inked the edges with brown chaulk ink. The piece on the bottom is a part that I tore off and I thought it looked good as part of the piece. These pieces were MOD PODGED on the backs to glue them on.



When the Mod Podge dried on the backs, I poured Mod Podge on the front, 2 layers, completly drying inbetween layers. This gave it a finished, glossy look.

I glued grape leaves and grape on the corners with hot glue. The ribbon is stapld to the back canvas stretch bars.



I put these piece in my kitchen since I love the Tuscan decor and I love wine and grapes. I ended up hanging it on my red wall, next to a piece the Floral Designer at my Michaels store created for me.



Thanks for looking at my project!

4 comments:

  1. Great job, love the little details! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Erika! I love the colors and all the little details that you added. Very creative:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to invite you to add your banner or link to our Best Digital Scrapbooking Sites list. It's free to sign up. Hope to see you there

    Also featuring Digital Scrapbooking Freebies and Digital Scrapbook Tutorials

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I love the verse and the whole design.
    Great work. thanks for shareing.

    ReplyDelete